The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for partnering with leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, and employee engagement that align with achievement of business objectives. The HRBP serves as a trusted advisor, supporting an inclusive culture and pursuing continuous improvement. This position requires a cross-functional understanding of Human Resources, as well as significant experience in employee relations. The HRBP will directly support targeted regions and brand(s) within KBP’s growing business and be a knowledgeable point of contact for leaders.
• Develops productive and trusting relationships that support achievement of business objectives.
• Consults with management, providing HR guidance when appropriate (e.g., coaching, career development, disciplinary actions).
• Collaborates across HR and operations leadership to develop valuable programs that build accountability and foster employee engagement.
• Analyzes trends and metrics to develop recommendations, programs, and policies.
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues across a union free workforce of approximately 20,000 employees operating in 30 states. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to daily management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
• Partners with the Benefits team to oversee KBP’s active leave and disability management programs and processes.
• Identifies training needs for business units and partners in the development of training.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Five years of human resource generalist experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize data to make informed decisions using correlation, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
• Experience supporting leaders across a wide geography.
• Strong leadership, influencing and collaboration skills.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to complete projects timely.
• Intellectually curious with keen attention to detail.
• PHR or SPHR certification.
• Labor relations knowledge.
• Experience in the restaurant industry or high-volume hospitality environment.
• Experience working with a multi-cultural workforce and bilingual skills.