The purpose of the Project Director is to provide design, design management and construction management services for projects to ensure conformance to quality, schedule and cost as approved within the concept packages. Also, this position provides individual or team management consulting, sales and marketing support, design development, design management, construction management and fast track design/build assignments. This is an exempt position and typically reports to a Vice President or Sr. Director, Design & Construction.
• Manages internal and external resources to provide a full range of sales and marketing services supporting the development of concept packages including: strategic consultation, schematic design,
conceptual estimating, preparation of schedules, and preparation of concept collateral (renderings, finish boards, etc.) as required
• Manages internal and external resources to ensure conformance to quality, schedule and cost as approved within the concept packages to include: food service design, branded concept design, interior design, architecture and engineering, and specialty consultants
• Functions as fast track design/build manager on appropriate projects
• Assists with integration of interior design and kitchen design into individual projects, as required
• Procures all kitchen equipment, millwork, signage, and concept décor
• Hires and manages outside design consultants
• Oversees contractor selection, negotiation and/or bidding process on assigned design/build or construction projects, including contractor qualification and development
• Manages overall budget development and cost control for assigned projects and oversees billings for assigned projects in conjunction with accounting
• Manages contract administration (contracts, change orders, scope changes, requisitions, etc.) and assigns projects in conjunction with contract administrator and accounting
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
• Requires a Bachelors degree from a recognized school of architecture, engineering or construction management (or at least 5 years experience in consolidated design/build management of food service facilities)
• Requires 5+ years related experience; must have food service industry specific design/construction experience
• Requires demonstrated working knowledge of conceptual food facility and retail programming, design and estimating; experience in design/build project development including management of in-house and outside consultants and contractors; and experience with project budgeting and cost control
• Requires strong computer skills including Excel and related Project Management Software
• Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
Requires ability to travel (approximately 50% travel)
HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
To learn more about HMSHost and additional career opportunities, visit https://www.hmshost.com/.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)