The Commissary Shift Manager typically supports the Commissary Manager or Commissary Chef in routine operations, and is responsible for day-to-day supervising of non-management associates, assigning specified work to non-management associates, focusing on commissary level operation performance, coaching and developing non-management associates and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or assigned Management of which associate is capable of performing. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Commissary Manager or Commissary Chef, depending on local requirements.
• Supervises the day-to-day activities of non-management associates
• Assigns work responsibilities and ensures that all shifts are covered
• Conducts and coordinates on-the-job training for associates, and ensures all associates receive basic skills training to perform their jobs
• Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels
• Provides recommendations for hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other status change of associates within the store
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
• Requires up to 2 years of job-related experience in low volume and/or multi-unit Food and Beverage or food production operations or other related management experience
• Demonstrates team management, delegation and issue resolution skills and the ability to multi-task
• Demonstrates knowledge of HMSHost policies and product, service, quality, equipment and operations standards
• Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with individuals
To learn more about HMSHost and additional career opportunities, visit https://www.hmshost.com/.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)