The purpose of the Project Director is to provide project oversight and construction management services for restaurant development projects while ensuring conformance to quality, schedule and budget.
• Oversees all field construction activities and leads all internal & external resources/coordination related to the construction process including general contractors, signage vendors, kitchen equipment contractors, A/V vendors, and external project managers.
• Oversees our external architecture and engineering consultants and leads them from plan development through aviation/municipal approvals.
• Oversees all aviation, building department, and health department submittals/approvals of construction documents as mandated by airport & local municipalities. Partners with Project Administrators to provide required construction deposits and bonds as required.
• Oversees contractor qualification, selection, negotiation/bidding, and contracting on assigned construction projects. Analyzes and approves all change orders within approved budget.
• Partners with Estimating and Design Team in project estimate development during the Analyze Phase to ensure accurate estimates.
• Partners with Procurement team on timely bidding, ordering, and delivery of owner furnished items.
• Attends and serves as construction lead for all internal development meetings (OPTIMA or similar), aviation pre-construction meetings, and required construction progress meetings.
• Oversees project schedule and provides regular and timely construction status updates to internal team, external partners/vendors, brand representatives, and airport client as required.
• Manages project financial forecast throughout development cycle. Prepares construction authorization requests and provides regular financial forecast updates. Communicates variances to leadership as required by policy.
• Prepares detailed, timely explanations for budget overrun/variance requests or post-audits; provides documentation to Business Development team, as needed, for reimbursement/relief from landlords.
• Oversees project closeout process to ensure timely close-outs of projects including submission of Certified Cost Statements, As-Built Drawings, and airport mandated closeout package.
Reporting relationship and other important information:
• This is an exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act and requires significant discretion and judgment to execute the role responsibilities.
• The position reports to the Sr. Director, Design & Construction
• Requires ability to travel 50% of the time for meetings and to visit branch locations, and can be located close to any major metropolitan US airport to optimize travel expenses.
• Requires construction management acumen typically gained through a Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or construction management and five years design/build management/construction experience in the food service industry
• Requires demonstrated working knowledge of design, estimating, architect/general contractor oversight, scheduling, project budgeting, and cost control.
• Requires advanced project management skills to manage multiple projects and tasks effectively.
• Requires strong computer skills including MS Excel and MS Project. PeopleSoft skills are a plus.
• Requires strong oral & written communication and relationship management skills.
All job requirements are subject to change to reflect the evolving position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.