The purpose of the Charlotte ACDBE Liaison position is to expand relationships between the company and the Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) community by acting as an advocate partner within the Charlotte Douglas International Airport. The Liaison represents the Company’s interests to the ACDBE Joint Venture Partners and serves as the primary point of contact when resolving operational issues.
• Develops and expands relationships between the company and the Charlotte ACDBE community,
• Promotes economic development and identifies business opportunities for the company and JV Partners.
• Establishes and nurtures relationships with key ACDBE community representatives, including activists, community organizers, or employees of economic development commissions or offices.
• Obtains community support for business operations, which may include expansion of service offerings or physical facilities.
• Drafts business proposals and prepares analyses detailing the economic impact of the organization on the surrounding community.
• Represents the company in various civic and community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business.
• May assist with permitting or zoning applications.
• Maintain relationships with Charlotte ACDBEs for ongoing and potential business opportunities and source new, qualified DBEs in select markets for ventures or subtenancy.
• Advise senior management on legislative and regulatory issues that impact relationships between airport, DBEs and the company.
• Enhance the company’s industry image and relationships with minority groups, city governments, airport commissions and staff, and the FAA in order to secure profitable contracts.
• Assist in ensuring DBE candidates are properly qualified, certified and ready to propose.
Reporting relationships and other important information:
• The Charlotte ACDBE Liaison position as described falls under the Fair Labor Standards act as an Exempt position
• The Charlotte ACDBE Liaison position reports to the Charlotte ED Operations, and maintains a strong dotted line relationship with the VP Strategic Alliances
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
• Requires business knowledge and acumen typically gained through a bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Business, Finance, Law, or a related, equivalent field and 4-6 years of experience working with the minority community, government entities such as the FAA, airport commissions and staff, and city governments.
• Requires a demonstrated working knowledge of the government contracting process.
• Requires a demonstrated successful track record managing relationships with both public and private clients and stakeholders (City Councils, Airport authorities, developers, landlords, DBEs, Unions, and joint venture partners).
• Requires strong analytical skills and excellent business judgment with the ability to communicate persuasively at all levels of management. Strong writing, editing and verbal skills essential.
• All job requirements are subject to change to reflect the evolving position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
• HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.