The Warehouse Manager I is responsible for managing the overall warehouse activities of a location with low sales volume and routine operations. This includes leading warehouse personnel, purchasing, product receiving and storage, facilitating use of the Retail Management System, as well as auditing its data for accuracy, and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by Management. This position typically reports to the General Manager, depending on local requirements.
• Prepares daily scheduling of warehouse personnel in accordance with business needs
• Supervises and trains all warehouse associates
• Ensures purchases are in accordance with company specifications and are from approved vendors; provides feedback to Management regarding item and vendor issues
• Oversees the ticketing of all items to ensure the process is timely, accurate, and in accordance with company standards
• Manages the data flow from ordering and receiving forms, and ensures data is correctly entered into the Retail Management System
• Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels
• Fosters open communication between the warehouse and other management staff
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
• Requires a High School diploma or general education development (GED) diploma; 2 years of formal post-high school education preferred
• Requires a minimum of 1 year Inventory Management/Merchandising/Retail experience in low volume and/or multi-unit Food and Beverage or Merchandise operations or other related management experience
• Requires 2 years minimum of driving experience and a valid State Driver’s License
• Requires excellent time management skills, project management skills, and proven presentation skills
• Requires a high level of computer literacy, including expertise in Excel, Outlook and Word
• Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
• Requires basic keyboarding or other repetitive motions
• Requires the ability to safely lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
• Requires operation of heavy equipment or vehicles
• All job requirements are subject to change to reflect the evolving position requirements or to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to which will be required in this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor/manager (within guidelines and compliance with Federal and State Laws). Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
• HMSHost is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
To learn more about HMSHost and additional career opportunities, visit https://www.hmshost.com/.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)