Job you are applying for:
Sr. Staff Accountant – Rent Accounting
at the following location(s):
Finance - Reprtng & Analysis [9FI9AC11] - BETHESDA, MD
View Job Description
The Sr. Staff Accountant – Rent Accounting is responsible for assisting with all aspects of landlord lease and sublease accounting. Provides a high level of customer support to landlords and subtenants. Interfaces with Operations Controllers to ensure the accuracy of the financial books and with Business Development and Legal to ensure compliance with contractual rent terms. This position assists with identifying and reducing potential balance sheet risk and exposure and with maintaining, developing and implementing accounting processes to ensure the integrity of financial data. This is an exempt position and reports to the Director of Rent Accounting
• Provides accounting assistance in the rent and subtenant rent departments within Corporate Accounting.
• Serves as a technical accounting resource for all lease related matters, which includes accounting pronouncements IFRS 16 and ASC 842.
• Supports lease reporting activities through technological savviness with extrapolating and interpreting data, and preparing and analyzing reports during period close.
• Assists with creating and amending leases on PSLA, and validating the accuracy and integrity of the sales mapping tables.
• Assists with analyzing all rent expense accounts and reconciles balance sheet accounts to reduce risk and minimize exposure.
• Reconciles the straight-line rent tables in PSLA to general ledger on a periodic basis.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
•Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
•Requires 3-5 years of relevant experience
•Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications; 2 plus years PeopleSoft Financials.
•Strong organizational and multitasking skills
•Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)