The Benefits Analyst is responsible for coordinating daily benefit processes and activities to ensure that plans, policies, and procedures are administered correctly. The position is responsible for working with associates, vendors, and field Human Resources Staff and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. This is a management position and typically reports to the Senior Director, Benefits.
• Develops working relationships with benefit vendors.
• Works with human resources representatives, associates, and vendors to ensure that issues and questions are handled quickly and efficiently per regulatory and contractual obligations
• Administers deduction and arrears processes in payroll systems
• Handles special processing for refunds, retros, and reinstatements
• Performs eligibility and enrollment verifications
• Interacts with Information Technology group regarding systems projects, interfaces, HRMS issues, and testing
• Prepares and initiates weekly funding for benefit plans
• Assists in preparing and reviewing benefit communication and compliance materials
• Responds to cases, appeals, and other inquiries
• Assists with events at Operations Support Center such as benefits orientation, annual benefits fair, and wellness activities
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
• Requires a four-year college degree or equivalent background and experience
• Requires minimum of 2-3 years working experience, preferably in human resources/benefits-related and/or customer-service field
• Requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills; self-motivated and possesses ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Requires exceptional organizational and time-management skills
• Requires strong computer skills, proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook; ability to analyze data effectively and efficiently
• Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with a population which has diverse learning styles, languages, and socio-economic backgrounds
All job offers will be conditioned on candidates being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical and religious reasons will be considered.