About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WTAP is THE main voice in the Mid-Ohio Valley. We may be among the smallest TV stations in America, but we are also one of the most dynamic. With state-of-the-art technology, a terrific on-air look, and a dynamic digital presence. You’ll be proud of the work you’ll do here. And you’ll grow quickly because there is so much opportunity! You’ll get to explore whatever you want to do in the communications field, whether it’s on-camera, behind-the-scenes, or in sales. WTAP is involved in the communities we cover. From covering high school sports, to participating in local events, to helping small businesses grow and thrive through commercials and mobile products, WTAP does it all. And we do it all – together. The Mid-Ohio Valley includes the communities of Parkersburg, WV and Marietta, OH and the 50-mile area surrounding them. It’s the kind of place where you can walk down the street and say “hi” to people and they’ll say “hi” right back at you! It’s the kind of place where local news-people become like family to the viewers and on-line readers they serve and communicate with. There are wonderful parks, great hiking and biking areas, high-quality restaurants, and shopping – whether you like a mall or the uniqueness of small stores on main street. Our area is big on heritage and the many fairs and festival reflect that passion. Marietta College gives its hometown a New England feel. Ohio University and the community of Athens, Ohio, are nearby. The Ohio River is the common thread that runs through everything and the Blennerhassett State Park, located on an island of the same name very close to Parkersburg, is a historic and beautiful place to get away to on a summer day. There’s much to see and do within a couple of hours drive from our location in Western West Virginia and Southeastern Ohio. Whitewater rafting, snow skiing and so much more are available in the mountains of West Virginia. The locally situated Mid-Ohio Valley regional airport and airports in Charleston, West Virginia, and Akron, Columbus, and Cleveland, Ohio, give you access to anywhere you want to go. Wherever you may travel though, Our area is proud of its history and heritage with roots in oil and industry which have helped shape our region into what it is today. WTAP’s commitment to serve the Mid-Ohio Valley, the place that we call home, shows that it doesn’t matter what the market size… we are here doing what really matters. To learn more about WTAP, applicants are encouraged to visit http://www.wtap.com/content/news/?article=402311485&disable=ads.
WTAP has an opportunity for a tech-savvy Digital News Producer. This person will be responsible for stories on WTAP.com and the WTAP social media platforms. The Digital News Producer will be expected to regularly update digital and social platforms and work closely with the WTAP news team. Additionally, the Digital News Producer will oversee content contributed by newsroom staff for quality and accuracy; they will also coordinate visual content generated by the news team into compelling digital journalism by use of slide-shows, videos, links, polls, live streams, live chats, and other features. The person should be comfortable in front of and behind the camera.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• College degree in Journalism, Digital Journalism or similar
• Excellent news judgment; strong writing and editing skills
• Write and post website stories, videos, photos & multimedia content
• Disperse breaking news with urgency via text/mobile/web and broadcast
• Strong emphasis on professional social media skills as related to journalism
• Ability to teach and lead by example while using the latest technology
• Attend daily news meetings, and work closely with newsroom colleagues in various locations to identify and promote upcoming content on different media platforms
• Ability to cover news independently, accurately creatively and quickly under deadline pressure
• Ability to shoot and edit video
• Willingness to take direction as a team player is essential
• Seek out innovative new ways to share information on digital platforms
• BS/BA in Journalism, Digital Journalism or similar
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Knowledge of AP Style
• Must have strong work ethic, excellent people skills, and must maintain professional attitude at all times.
• Understanding of Current Events and Sports
• Able to use social media outlets to engage viewers
• Must be able to work well under pressure and with limited supervision
• Schedule flexibility; schedule and responsibilities are subject to change at the News Director’s discretion.
• A valid driver`s license and a good driving record
• On-Air Comfort and clear, accurate, conversational delivery style
• Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.