About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWCH/KSCW is Kansas’ #1-rated news operation. We are seeking a qualified multimedia reporter to join our team of talented journalists.
We are looking for a dynamic storyteller who can creatively and concisely gather and give viewers factual information. You must be interested and dedicated to local news and have a passion for informing people - whether it's through broadcast or digital. You will be surrounded by a team who want to see you succeed and will help you reach your full potential.
Your Essential Functions (include but not limited to):
• Generate, gather and provide news and information in the most accurate, appealing, timely and creative way
• Use writing skills for on-air and on-line
• Write and post website original stories prior to airing of the television version
• Demonstrate sound news judgment and ability to tell stories with pictures and natural sound
• Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
• Must be a visual storyteller and have the ability to come up with creative stand-ups and ways to explain a story
• Develop and maintain sources
• Participate in story selection process through meetings; attendance at editorial meetings is required, play an active role in editorial process
• Attend/host/speak at community service, schools and community events; meet and greet viewers
• Various shift work will be required; holiday work is required
• Critique, feedback and training are part of the job
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Be able to write clearly, accurately and in an easy-to-understand manner
• Possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
• Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills
• Compelling storyteller
• Ability to shoot and edit video; create personalized stories
• Able to produce and post original content to our websites
• Ability to generate daily and enterprise story ideas and effectively work a beat
• Able to play an active role in the editorial process
• Able to use social media outlets to engage viewers
• Must be able to work well under pressure and with limited supervision
• Strong initiative and attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors and viewers
◘ Interested applicants can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by searching the station call letters (KWCH-TV) and attach resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.