About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WDBJ7, WZBJ and WDBJ7.com is a Gray owned dominant CBS affiliated media powerhouse in beautiful Roanoke, Virginia. Known as “Your Hometown Station®”, WDBJ7 and WZBJ serve 26 counties across the Blue Ridge Mountain region and produces 50 ½ hours of award-winning local news coverage, more than any of its competitors in the Roanoke/Lynchburg market.
Headquartered in a state of the art digital broadcast center in Roanoke, Virginia, the station also operates Virginia bureaus in Lynchburg, Blacksburg, Lexington and Danville. For more than 63 years, WDBJ7 has been the number one station of choice for viewers from Roanoke to Lynchburg and across the New River Valley.
Job Summary (Entry Level):
WDBJ is looking for two bright individuals for this entry level position. Your career in a salaried support role and transitions into the complete multimedia sales role. Position supports current accounts including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
1. Wide Orbit Order Entry
2. Digital Design Submissions
3. On Boarding
4. Proposal Development
5. Performance Reporting
In addition to these support/development tasks the position would include the requirement for New Business Development. Prospecting and closing new sales opportunities.
The general responsibilities include the following:
• Assists sales team with designing client proposals
• Generate and update presentation materials
• Submit Digital Design requests for Digital Ad Creation
• Provide order entry support of all digital orders
• Assist with the analysis and creation of Digital Campaign Reporting
• Communicate effectively with account executives and management
• Check new orders, revisions, pre-emption, and make-goods
• Maintain and update Matrix (CRM) for Digital Accounts
• Provide Customer Service to specific clients as required
• Create informational and research pieces using Excel, Word and/or PowerPoint
• Maintain files, answers phones and performs other administrative duties as
• Coordinate assigned special programs for the station
• Assist Digital Sales Manager as needed
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• 1 - 3 years working experience
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of digital advertising sales processes
• Overall knowledge of Digital Advertising landscape
• Experience with Wide Orbit and Matrix preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to be flexible and multi-task is essential
• High level of accuracy required
• Ability to work well with staff and customers as necessary
• Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Willingness to learn all research and utilize in client proposals effectively
◘ If this opportunity is something you have been looking for and you want to be a part of a winning sales team then send your resume to Ceagan@wdbj7.com and apply on line at also, apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, make sure you attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.