About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KWCH-TV is the number one rated news station in the Wichita market which covers central, northwest and western Kansas. We are dedicated to our community and committed to delivering quality local news and information on all platforms.
Do you like the freedom to choose your own stories and the ability to do both hard news AND features? Are you the type of reporter who isn't crazy about sitting through meetings but would rather get out on the road and find the next fantastic tell? As you can see, this is no ordinary MMJ job. KWCH/KSCW is looking for its next rockstar regional reporter! You will cover stories in northwest and southwest Kansas. We are looking for a gifted storyteller who can bring a story alive with great video, nat sound and excellent editing skills.
Your general responsibilities would include the following:
• Gather and deliver news and information in the most accurate, urgent and creative way
• Demonstrate sound news judgment and the ability to tell stories in a clear, informative manner
• Extensive knowledge of social media and how to use it to engage viewers and find news stories
• Enterprise hard-news and features stories under tight deadlines, develop and maintain sources
• Attend/host/speak at community service, schools and community events; meet and greet viewers
• Write, edit, and post digital stories prior to airing of the television version, update web stories regularly
• Must be a visual storyteller and have the ability to come up with creative, active live shots and stand-ups and ways to explain a story.
• Must be able to edit on non-linear equipment on a daily basis
• Coaching, feedback, and training are all part of the job
• Various shift work may be required
• Live on-the-scene reporting skills
• Be able to write and deliver stories clearly, accurately and in an easy-to-understand manner
• Ability to shoot and edit video; create personalized stories
• Able to produce and post original content to our websites
• Ability to generate enterprise story ideas and effectively work a beat
• Must be able to work well under pressure with limited supervision
• Strong initiative and attention to detail
◘ Interested applicants can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by searching the station call letters (KWCH-TV) and attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.