Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 87 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WBTV was the first television station to sign on in the Carolinas and is considered the “most trustworthy source of news and information” in the area according to research. WBTV First Alert Weather is the certified most accurate forecast for the market as measured by WeatheRate. Being “On Your Side” for viewers, clients and the community is the guiding principle of WBTV and helps drive its award-winning newscasts and quality local journalism. Visit www.wbtv.com to learn more.
WBTV has an immediate, full-time opening for a Technical Media Producer / Newscast Director. Technical Media Producers work in WBTV's state-of-the-art media control center and are responsible for directing both live and pre-recorded productions, as well as processing on air commercial content for the station. This is an opportunity to build your career in the constantly evolving television industry while refining your own skills with cutting edge technology. This is a career opportunity to join the award-winning team behind the number one News station in Charlotte North Carolina.
• Work alongside the News team to create, code & direct, dynamic, fast-paced, top-rated newscasts & programming
• Coordinate live acquisition of News video utilizing ENG, SNG, CNG and IP-based transmission platforms
• Design compelling and engaging graphics and visual elements to help our journalists communicate their stories
• Monitor on-air signals, ingest daily programming and commercials, and operate Master Control automation system
• Be responsible for regular care and maintenance of equipment and studio, including lighting, cameras, and sets
• Occasional operation of studio teleprompter, floor directing, and various other duties as assigned
• The successful candidate will be creative, extremely detail-oriented and have very strong problem-solving, multi-tasking, and communication skills
• Positive and professional attitude in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high stress environment under deadline pressure
• Able to work well with a team and equally comfortable working individually
• Flexible to work mornings, nights, weekends and changing schedules
• Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• Able to climb and work on ladders and comfortably lift 30 pounds or more
• Computer literacy is a must
• Strong grasp of visual design, grammar, and spelling
• While previous television experience is preferred, it is not required
• Experience with HD video production, Ross Overdrive, VizRT Graphics, Crispin Master Control Automation, ENPS, and non-linear editing systems is a plus.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.