About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in more than 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCWY-TV News 13 is a full-service television station and the NBC network affiliate serving the state of Wyoming with news, information and affordable advertising. KCWY broadcasts nearly 20 hours of live, local news every week and has consistently been rated #1 in news by Nielsen since 2003. The station also produces other local programming and commercials with state-of-the-art equipment. KCWY broadcasts statewide with translators in Laramie, Riverton, Sheridan and Cody.
• Reporting, writing and shooting abilities for both web and broadcast
• We need a self-starter, able to take the lead in posting web content that is original and fresh
• Content produced by reporters will need revisions and copy editing
• Regular Facebook and Twitter posts are expected
• Guidance on new web developments and social media strategies
• Additional duties as required by management, can include assisting on live shots
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Edius or other video editing programs is a plus
• Experience with posting stories to social media is preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
• Schedule flexibility (Schedules can shift from time to time to other shifts and/or weekends
• depending on staffing)
• A valid driver's license and a good driving record with no DUIs
• Valid insurance and a dependable vehicle
• The ability to lift 50 pounds of gear
Applicants interested can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.