About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Wyoming News Now is the dominant news source for the both the Casper and Cheyenne-Scottsbluff markets. Wyoming News now is made up of two stations, KCWY in Casper, and KGWN in Cheyenne, Wyoming. A community along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Cheyenne is home to F.E. Warren Air Force Base, the Capital City and Cheyenne Frontier Days, the world's largest outdoor rodeo. If you like outdoor recreation, there are few better places in the country to live than Casper. It's a short drive to beautiful mountains, world class trout streams, ski areas, and Yellowstone National Park!
Wyoming News Now seeks a talented and energetic journalist to join our award-winning teams. We are looking for a qualified producer who can help write/produce/edit our evening newscasts as well as report as an MMJ when necessary. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door, while learning from the best journalists in the market. Candidate must come with a great attitude and bring professionalism, personality, energy, confidence, and team spirit to our newscasts and our multi-platform newsroom. Successful candidate must be a strong writer, deeply knowledgeable in story selection, and have quick and thoughtful news judgment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Must have the excellent writing skills. We seek someone who values present and future tenses in writing news stories, as well as active voice, visual language, and audio/video connection
• Must be capable of creating content from sources beyond wires and feed (ex. Social Media, Court Records, reliable online publications) and be eager to add live pictures to coverage
• Producers are communicators at heart and must be comfortable over-communicating plans and changes with managers, anchors, reporters, and production team to ensure your vision is executed on the air. Producer will have strong working relationship with director
• Candidate must be able to work long hours covering breaking news on the air, on-line, and on our digital properties, News & Weather Apps, including holidays and weekends
• The ideal candidate will have or be working towards a degree in Journalism or related field
• A previous internship in journalism is a plus
• We need someone who can identify great video and compelling sound-bytes
• Have solid news judgement, excellent communication skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely
• Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Pre-employment and random drug testing
• Must have a good driving record
◘ Come join our team, apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.