About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WMC-TV, virtual and VHF digital channel 5, is an NBC-affiliated television station licensed to Memphis, Tennessee, United States. The station is owned by Gray Television. The station serves roughly the western third of Tennessee, northern Mississippi, eastern Arkansas and the southeastern corner of Missouri over the air, on satellite, and on various cable systems.
Memphis is a one of a kind city, rich in history and music, truly authentic, and boasting a dynamic culinary scene. It sits on the mighty Mississippi River, and is home to the National Civil Rights Museum, Sun Studio, Stax Museum of American Soul, Graceland, The Memphis Grizzlies, Memphis Redbirds, 901 FC, University of Memphis, and the and the Memphis Zoo, (and that's just scratching the surface).
We have an immediate opening for an energetic and extremely motivated Multi-Platform sales professional. Candidate must possess strong presentation and communication skills, experience working with advertising agencies, plus proven success in new business development.
• New Business Development
• Oversees the daily management of assigned accounts that meet specific criteria
• Executes regular touch points with clients at campaign inception and throughout the lifetime of the client relationship.
• Identifies up-sell opportunities within an account’s marketing strategy and passes them along to the Media Sales Consultant for presentation to the client.
• Retains client base through exemplary service and positive ROI for the client
• Targets accounts not meeting account management criteria and recommends strategies for the account to meet that criteria, thus growing the Account Managers account base
• Through the identification of new opportunities, grows average revenue per account (ARPA)
• Evaluates new and existing products to determine optimal fit for each account and makes recommended marketing changes as necessary
• Develops and maintains working relationships with key contacts and team members in all functional area execution of the client’s advertising campaign
• Receives, compiles and presents campaign performance reports to client; makes recommendations as necessary
• Stays abreast of client’s marketing needs: strategy, audience, objective and ROI expectations.
• Proven self-starter with a natural curiosity toward business solutions and customer positioning
• Mix of analytical ability to see trends in data and ability to influence customer behavior using results
• Passionate about improving and innovating the customer experience
• Desire for future growth and advancement in media sales and customer solutions
• Minimum 5+ years of customer engagement experience in the area of broadcast advertising-marketing
• Minimum 5+ years of project and customer management experience. Matrix and Wide Orbit experience, a plus
• Strong consultative sales skills, relationship building and customer services skills
• Self-starter with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with decision makers on expertise level
» Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.