About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 87 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WFIE 14 News, the Tri-State's News and Weather Leader and NBC affiliate, is the dominant #1 news team on all platforms in Evansville, Indiana (DMA 105). We go where the news is covering stories in southwestern Indiana, southeastern Illinois, and western Kentucky on-air, online and OTT.
14 News has an immediate opening for a talented Sports/Reporter/Multi-Media Journalist (MMJ). Successful candidate must be a team player with a great attitude and bring professionalism, personality, energy, and confidence to our newscasts. This person is a strong writer, who has the ability to tell memorable stories, demonstrate strong news judgement, and have a keen sense of logistics. Duties of this job include live reporting, anchoring, creative shooting, writing, editing and posting of news stories, both sports and news. Must have good writing skills and must be able to work well under strict deadline pressure.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gather, write and present sports and news reports for various newscasts including various digital platforms
- Shoot and edit video and interviews using PS High Definition cameras and non-linear editing programs
- Contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day both the field and the station
- Develop a network of sources
- Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily
- Shoot independent live shots
- Other duties as assigned by Content Management
- Familiarity with digital video cameras, non-linear editing, and Social Media platforms
- Ability to lift 35-40lbs of gear
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays if needed
- Valid Driver’s License
◘ Interested applicants can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by searching the station call letters (WFIE-TV) and attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.