About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 87 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WLUC, a Gray Television station, has been broadcasting local news to Michigan's Upper Peninsula since 1956. WLUC is an NBC affiliate and #1 ranked in the marked. FOX UP News is #2 in this competitive five station market. With twenty-three and a half hours of local news broadcasting each week we are an established leader in the industry. Our station website www.UpperMichigansSource.com averages over 5,000,000 pagesviews per month, and our social media presence is unparalleled in the local news market with over 100,000 Facebook likes.
Assist the Local Sales Manager and Local Account Executives with daily reporting, local inventory management, order entry and various other tasks required.
The right candidate will have strong computer skills, will be a good communicator, and will have the ability to work well with others. We offer a paid hourly wage, medical/dental, 401(k), vacation and other benefits including opportunity for advancement.
The right candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assist Local Sales Manager
- Assist Local Account Executives
- Maximize daily commercial logs
- Communicate with Local Sales Manager on available inventory
- Enter production orders in Wide Orbit
- Understand Ratings Systems
- Cover for Copy Coordinator/Traffic Manager and National Sales Assistant
- Prepare weekly flash report
- Prepare daily pacing report
- Prepare daily preemption report
- Prepare bi-weekly report for GM/LSM/NSM
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have strong computer skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to complete tasks quickly and efficiently
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently and manage your time effectively
- Must meet the Gray Television driving requirements and have a valid driver’s license.
◘ Interested applicants can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by searching the station call letters (WLUC-TV) and attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.