Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WBTV was the first television station to sign on in the Carolinas and is considered the “most trustworthy source of news and information” in the area according to research. WBTV First Alert Weather is the certified most accurate forecast for the market as measured by WeatheRate. Being “On Your Side” for viewers, clients and the community is the guiding principle of WBTV and helps drive its award-winning newscasts and quality local journalism. Visit www.wbtv.com to learn more.
WBTV located in Charlotte NC is currently looking for an Information Technology Manager. This position is part of a diverse technical team responsible for the short and long-term technology strategy and health of the station. This is a career opportunity to join the award-winning team behind the number one News station in Charlotte North Carolina.
• Responsible for overseeing the operation of critical IT systems within the television station.
• Reports directly to the Director of Technology
• This includes designing and maintaining the Network infrastructure
• Address security needs
• Provide desktop support
• Interact directly with the end users, including newsroom operations, sales & others all with varying priorities & needs
• Oversight of 2 other IT administrators with responsibilities across several properties and business units.
• Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or IT related field.
• Minimum 3 years of managing mission critical IT environments at a TV station, production facility or related operation
• Experience in field operations including ENG/SNG, satellite, microwave, & IP news-gathering technologies a plus
• Solid understanding of current broadcast systems, network technologies, servers, desktop, monitoring, end user support and the Microsoft's Active Directory environment
• Cisco iOS knowledge or related experience is a plus
• Ability to read and create detailed CAD documentation
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and non-technical end users
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on elevated surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand and power tools, work on small components, and perform other physical tasks
• Possess strong multitasking and project management skills
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.