About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KALB is an NBC affiliate, located in Alexandria, LA. We also own the CBS and CW affiliates in the market (NALB and OALB respectively). KALB is owned by Gray Television Inc., one of the fastest growing broadcast and digital media groups in the nation. KALB produces a total of 24 hours of Live news programming per week. A market leader in News, digital, and social media, KALB Newschannel 5 is home to award winning reporters, and recipient of the Louisiana Association of Broadcasters “Station of the Year” award. Central Louisiana, a vibrant, diverse, stable community is a great place to live and work. A community with a rich history, full of hard-working, caring people, striving to make Central Louisiana the place they call home.
KALB, a Gray Television station located in Alexandria, LA has a rare opening for an experienced Account Executive to join our team of integrated marketing/advertising professionals. At KALB, we help businesses “find and keep their very best customers” through the use of effective marketing and advertising. If you have media sales experience, or a background/education in Business, and see yourself as a high-energy creative individual that likes working with people, this could be your opportunity to work better hours and make more money at the top-billing media company in Central Louisiana. The right candidate will be smart, as well as a good communicator, and know how to use creativity to solve problems, develop ad campaigns, and motivate others. You’ll be given a list of current clients, but your real job will be to develop new business to grow and maintain a full customer portfolio. We offer a paid training salary, medical/dental, 401(k), vacation and other benefits including opportunity for advancement. Our commission structure will allow you to grow without limits. And at KALB… WE LIKE TO HAVE FUN! We believe that BIG IDEAS = BIG RESULTS and we develop advertising that really works.
• Be a NEW BUSINESS Champion - 80% of your time devoted to growing your list in the form of New Business
• Maintain a list of ongoing accounts: Including seeing, presenting new ideas, keying orders, and any other day to day operations
• Researching Ideas for both New and existing accounts
• Building dynamic presentations, customized to growing your clients business
• Forecasting monthly and quarterly results and achieving annual goals
• HAVE FUN!!
• 2 years Sales Experience, OR a background or education in Business
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and manage your time effectively
• Ability to use creativity to solve problems
• Ability to develop campaigns and motivate others
• A real desire to understand your clients and their businesses
• A thirst for ongoing learning: advertising, marketing, television, digital
• Experience selling digital products/strategies including audience targeting, social media, PPC, SEO
• Excellent knowledge of presentation software, MS Office products and CRM software
• Must meet the Gray Television driving requirements and have a valid driver’s license
Come join our team, apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.