Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WBAY-TV is the market-leading ABC affiliate in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The station won 3 Edward R. Murrow Awards in 2017, including Overall Excellence. Our news department produces 33 ½ hours of news each week. Wbay.com is the number one news and information website in all of NE Wisconsin.
WBAY-TV is seeking an energetic, passionate, analytical and creative National Sales Manager. The National Sales Manager will be responsible in exceeding revenue goals and assist with local sales when needed. Ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail and be organized. Client engagement is a top priority. Candidates should also have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple challenges simultaneously and be excellent in broadcast sales negotiation. Also, candidate must be able to take initiative and make decisions without daily guidance.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Develop and execute strategies to achieve national sales goals across multiple media platforms.
• Work alongside our GSM and DSM to foster a positive sales environment
• Work closely with the GM and GSM on forecasting, negotiations and planning.
• Negotiate all national business including political
• Work with the national sales assistant on preempts and orders
• Accurately forecast national broadcast revenue
• Achieve or exceed the national revenue budget
• Ability to work with the GSM on inventory management and pricing
• Minimum of 3-5 years broadcast sales or management experience.
• Is highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales and Matrix, or other CRM software.
• Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships
• Possesses an acute understanding of how to forecast future revenue
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of [Company Name]’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.