About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in more than 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KOTA and KEVN are the ABC and FOX affiliates in Rapid City at the base of the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. KOTA and KEVN and the market leaders for local news, sports and weather and recently moved in to a new, state of the art facility. KOTA and KEVN feature separate brands. Both stations cover the Black Hills area of South Dakota as well as parts of eastern Wyoming and northwestern Nebraska. Our teams produce six daily newscasts and six weekend newscasts.
KOTA & KEVN are located in Rapid City, SD television DMA Market 172, a community of approximately 100,000 television HH.
- Learn more about KOTA at, http://www.kotatv.com/content/news/?article=402527586&disable=ads.
KOTA and KEVN are looking for a dynamic weekend weather anchor and meteorologist who can do it all: shoot, write, produce, report and anchor. Our weekend weather anchor will anchor multiple shows on the weekend, sometimes on both the KOTA (ABC) and KEVN (FOX) platforms and report during the week. We're looking for an enterprising talent who loves weather and interacting with the local community. We have state of the art graphics and forecasting tools and an experienced and talented weather team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Creating informative and accurate weather-casts
• Shoot & edit local news and feature stories
• Use editorial judgement to determine content of local weather-casts
• Use social media to engage with community and help generate contacts and story ideas
• Post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video
• Interview subjects and research facts for credibility
• Produce weather-casts as assigned
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
• Collaborate with Chief Meteorologist, news managers and producers for content and newscast development
• Edit video and stories for broadcast
• Participate in community events and make public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required
• Must be able to handle on-air responsibilities
• Must be a strong writer with solid news judgement
***Send cover letter, resume and demo reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.