About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KOTA and KEVN are the ABC and FOX affiliates in Rapid City at the base of the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. KOTA and KEVN and the market leaders for local news, sports and weather and recently moved in to a new, state of the art facility. KOTA and KEVN feature separate brands. Both stations cover the Black Hills area of South Dakota as well as parts of eastern Wyoming and northwestern Nebraska. Our teams produce six daily newscasts and six weekend newscasts.
KOTA & KEVN are located in Rapid City, SD television DMA Market 171, a community of approximately 100,000 television HH.
KOTA & KEVN is looking an Anchor/Reporter for our top rated morning show, Good Morning KOTA Territory. The right candidate will not only love local news, but have a positive attitude, a hard work ethic, excel at writing for both broadcast and digital platforms, and be a team player. Applicant should also bring professionalism and enthusiasm into the workplace. This position also requires broadcast producing. College degree in journalism or related field is required. Please apply online and be sure to attach your resume and links to your most recent work which showcases broadcast and digital abilities.
- Anchor morning newscasts
- Report in the field, live shots, breaking news, etc...
- Answer phones and make calls to confirm information.
- Listen to scanners, read over press releases, research stories, call and set up interviews.
- Ability to plan and manage available resources to help cover news.
- Write for digital and social media platforms.
- Occasionally fill in as a broadcast producer.
- Use editorial judgement to determine content of local newscasts.
- Use social media to engage with community and help generate contacts and story ideas.
- Post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video.
- Interview subjects and research facts for credibility.
- Collaborate with news managers, producers and reporters for content and newscast development.
- Edit video and stories for broadcast.
- College degree/bachelors degree required.
- must be a strong writer with solid news judgement.
◘ If you feel you’re qualified, want to work with a great group of people, please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.