About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KBTX Media operates the CBS and CW affiliates in Bryan-College Station, Texas, serving an 18 county area known as the Brazos Valley. For more than 60 years, we’ve been the dominant choice for local news and entertainment. Our team produces six newscasts each weekday and three each weekend, totaling nearly 25 hours each week. KBTX is the current Texas AP Broadcasters/Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas Station of the Year, a recent Texas Associated Press Broadcasters Station of the Year and routinely recognized among the best in the state by organizations including the Associated Press and the Lone Star EMMY Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
KBTX has launched the careers of many well-known journalists, meteorologists and network executives, and takes pride in helping talent grow quickly into the nation’s largest television markets. The work family of KBTX is made up of a group of dedicated, professional and passionate individuals who are the backbone of our daily mission.
Bryan-College Station, Texas is a community of more than 250,000 people and the largest single metro in the Waco-Temple-Bryan DMA. The twin cities have a unique small town feeling, but offers big city amenities, including a vibrant arts community, a city-wide, all-terrain trail system and world-class dining and nightlife. Bryan and College Station are routinely recognized as a leader in quality of life and as one of the fastest growing communities in the country.
Make your mark in Broadcast Advertising by joining the number one sales team in the region! KBTX is the dominant TV station in the market, due to the combined strength of KBTX News, CBS, CW and Telemundo programming along with the web powerhouse KBTX.com. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and a management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to its employees.
KBTX Media has a rare opening for an Account Executive and we want YOU to join our winning team if you are a self-motivated, highly energetic person, with a drive to succeed!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop new business through warm leads and cold calling
• Create and present marketing solutions to local businesses using TV and digital advertising strategies
• Maintain active accounts: enter orders and make-goods, create proposals, develop campaigns, collections, and all other duties associated with account maintenance
• Meet or exceed personal monthly and annual revenue budget goals
• Work within a team to meet overall station goals
• Applicants should expect a robust new business goal
• Strong communication skills, including written and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
• Must be proactive, able to prioritize work and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
• Competitive, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated
• Capable of overcoming objections
• Professional appearance
• Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and reliable transportation with insurance
• College Degree preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of outside media sales experience required
• Experience in digital marketing desired
• Knowledge of Wide Orbit Traffic, Wide Orbit Media Sales and ComScore is a plus!
◘ Come join our team, apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.