Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
WBAY-TV is the market-leading ABC affiliate in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The station won 3 Edward R. Murrow Awards in 2017, including Overall Excellence. Our news department produces 33 ½ hours of news each week. Wbay.com is the number one news and information website in all of NE Wisconsin.
WBAY-TV is looking for a content-driven producer to join our award winning news team. This producer should have the ability to seek out and present relevant and immediate stories with a keen eye towards important news of the day and enterprise. We need a self-starter who can juggle planning, producing, social media and web. The best candidate is someone who is consistent, creative, in charge, flexible and energetic. Applicants must have a bachelors’ degree in Journalism or related field and previous newsroom experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion
• Write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air and digital platforms
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
• Research for facts and credibility
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media
• Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
• At least 1 year working at a television station with a strong news department or a digital, multi-platform news operation
• Excellent conversational writing and communication skills
• Experience in web and graphic design software, digital publishing applications and multi-media production software
• Experience digital content management systems and Edius Video editing
• Knowledge of media production, communication, dissemination techniques; create alternate ways to inform/entertain
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.