Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
WBAY-TV is the market-leading ABC affiliate in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The station won 3 Edward R. Murrow Awards in 2017, including Overall Excellence. Our news department produces 33 ½ hours of news each week. Wbay.com is the number one news and information website in all of NE Wisconsin.
WBAY-TV is looking for a content-driven producer to join our award winning news team. This producer should have the ability to seek out and present relevant and immediate stories with a keen eye towards important news of the day and enterprise. We need a self-starter who can juggle planning, producing, social media and web. The best candidate is someone who is consistent, creative, in charge, flexible and energetic. Applicants must have a bachelors’ degree in Journalism or related field and previous newsroom experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Produces assigned newscast. Responsible for story selection, treatment, writing stories using available video, interviews, graphics and other resources to clearly convey what is happening in an engaging way that viewers understand
• Thrives on information that is still unfolding and happening in the moment.
• Can clearly communicate with production staff, anchors and field crews
Essential: Excellent writer, understands and consumes news from many different sources. Understands role of social media in news gathering.
Preferred: Familiar with AM News. Can take charge in the booth when timing newscasts to add breaking news, or drop stories for time
• At least 1 year working at a television station with a strong news department or a digital, multi-platform news operation
• Excellent conversational writing and communication skills
• Experience in web and graphic design software, digital publishing applications and multi-media production software
• Experience digital content management systems and Edius Video editing
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods
• Ability to create alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.