About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WYMT is the CBS affiliate and dominant number one station in the scenic Appalachian Mountains of Southeastern Kentucky. This regional station is located in the small town of Hazard, and has three bureaus and serves more than 25 counties. WYMT provides award-winning local news, weather, and sports coverage. WYMT.com is the region’s strongest digital platform. WYMT is involved and dedicated to the local communities we serve, participating in numerous charities and causes. A second channel, Heroes & Icons (H&I), allows WYMT to offer even more local programming, including dozens of live high school and college football and basketball games each year. The WYMT Mountain Basketball Classic has generated more than three and a half million dollars for local students and schools. WYMT has a proven record of turning out solid journalists capable of moving up in the ranks. Two former employees are now working in Miami and our former Sports Director is the main anchor in Cleveland.
You can enjoy all four seasons … from snow-covered mountains in the winter to blooming dogwoods in the spring. With miles of trails and lakes, it is a popular destination for outdoor recreation, hunting, and fishing. The people of Appalachia are full of pride in their home and culture, and some of the most welcoming you will find. We have a strong work ethic and are always willing to help our neighbors. You will certainly find a “mountain family” atmosphere here at WYMT.
WYMT-TV is looking for a dynamic producer to join its award-winning news team. Successful candidates must utilize strong editorial, journalistic and communication skills. Our producers have multiple live capabilities to put together an informative, fast-paced newscast.
We work hard and have fun! Great station! Great company!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
• Use editorial judgment to help determine content of the newscasts
• Work with reporters and news managers to create unique, fast-paced newscasts
• Use social media to determine content of newscasts and highlight big social stories
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance newscasts and stories.
• Write for the web and post daily on all digital platforms including social media and attaching images and streaming video
• Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• Deliver unscripted breaking news coverage and special event coverage to the community at large
• Collaborate with reporters and management in the development of broadcast content such as newscasts, promotions, and teases
• Receive assignments and evaluate leads and tips in order to develop story ideas
• Develop and organize newscasts
• Make time sensitive decisions
• Write clearly for multiple platforms on tight deadlines
• Demonstrate creativity and strong editorial judgment
• Follow journalistic and libel laws
• Edit video for broadcasts and the web
• Participate in community events and makes public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
The successful applicant's background must include a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field. He/she must be a self-starter with a passion for news.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.