About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KSLA News 12 is the aggressive, National Edward R. Murrow award-winning CBS affiliate serving the region known as the ArkLaTex. The station is the market’s leader in timely and accurate reporting of breaking news, investigative journalism, award-winning storytelling and First Alert Weather. KSLA News 12 serves its community on all on-air, digital and mobile platforms embracing the innovation of the industry.
In the center of the ArkLaTex is the Shreveport/Bossier City metroplex where the best of Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas culture is combined to create a vibrant and comfortable lifestyle. There is an active arts community and many different festivals throughout the year that celebrate our diverse community. The area boasts a deep heritage in food, music and entertainment that makes the ArkLaTex a uniquely rewarding place to live.
We are looking for an experienced and creative producer with excellent writing skills. We take great pride in the fact that many producers from the KSLA Marketing Department have moved on to become producers in some of Gray largest markets, or Marketing Directors in some smaller Gray stations. This is an great opportunity to either settle down for a long ride at a terrific station, or to prepare yourself for bigger things to come.
- Work closely with the news department with the constant drive to increase ratings
- Work closely with the sales department to produce effective commercials for our clients
- Lead the department to greater creative work through constant collaboration
- Manage Multiple jobs simultaneously that are produced on schedule
- Write Scripts, Shoot and Edit video at a professional standard
- Graphic/Animation Design for on-air/digital platforms
- Take part in community events and station appearances in order to grow and continue the brand and image
- Other duties that may arise
- Three years of experience in video production including pre-production, script writing, cinematography, and post production
- Excellent writing skills
- A strong marketing acumen
- Experience with non-linear editing software, specifically Adobe Premiere, After Affects and Photoshop
- Ability to Multitask
- Ability to work well with a variety of people
⁍ Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.