Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WBAY-TV is the market-leading ABC affiliate in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Our award winning news department produces 33 ½ hours of news each week. Wbay.com is the number one news and information website in all of NE Wisconsin.
Do you want to work in an environment where you are respected and taught the skills you need to be successful, but you are not micro managed along the way? Would you like to have fun running your own results oriented marketing company and grow local businesses? WBAY-TV is seeking an Account Executive to enhance our strong sales team. The desired candidate will be experienced in selling comprehensive media solutions on all Television and Digital platforms to achieve sales targets and maximize revenues.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Identify, develop, and expand existing and new client relationships & key accounts
• Contact local direct clients and advertising agencies, acting as a liaison between the station and the advertising community
• Make customer focused sales presentations to all classification of clients to obtain orders for advertising time
• Ensure clear understanding and interpretation of client needs, and recommend appropriate solutions, in order to meet requirements
• Coordinate internally the actual purchase of advertising time, placement of the schedule
• Develop short and long range plans for revenue growth. Overachieve monthly/quarterly in new local direct television and digital l revenue quotas
• Negotiate advertising rates, create oral & written presentations; coordinate commercial production with creative team
• Bachelor's degree preferred with an emphasis in Business/Marketing or Communications. Experience in the Television Broadcast and Digital industry preferred. Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Knowledge of online/digital and interactive advertising tools
• Well organized, professional, high energy and detail-oriented
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.