Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WAGM is a CBS and FOX affiliate- with the #1 Rated 6PM News in the Nation! Bordering Canada to the north, east and west. We serve Aroostook County, an area larger than the state of Rhode Island and Connecticut combined. Here it is known simply as “The County”.
Enjoy the way life should be, here in the County. With its natural beauty; all four seasons offer new opportunity's, from water sports on our numerous lakes, hiking and camping in Aroostook State Park, Skiing Big Rock Mountain, or ATVing and snowmobiling our 2,300 miles of groomed trails.
WAGM is an important part of the community, serving as the only televised news source for its residences for over 60 years. Working with us is working with the community...being a part of what makes the County special.
To learn more about our station please visit:
WAGM-TV, NewsSource 8 is looking for a Digital & Social Media Specialist/Producer. Duties include but aren’t limited to posting and updating website and social media content in a way that ensures the consistency of the Web site's look and feel and producing newscasts. Responsible for producing live newscasts including: gathering and creating content, writing news scripts for TV & Digital platforms, editing copy and video, ordering graphics to fit stories, coordinating live shots with directors, communicating with anchors and production staff during live broadcasts, and directing reporters & photographers on deadline. The ideal candidate will be organized, a clear communicator, with excellent writing skills and the ability to lead and make split second decisions.
Complete application and submit resume and reel at www.gray.tv/applynow.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Developing social strategies and engagement tactics
• Grow and develop WAGM audience on key social media channels
• Develop strategies for highlighting user generated content
• Work with content producers to promote new and timely content from WAGM
• Track, monitor and analyze web and social media traffic and engagement statistics for periodic reporting and review of content effectiveness
• Train the wider editorial team in digital and social media best practice
• Promote the brand and its values at all opportunities
• Write and publish news and promotional content for the website and social media
• Oversee Digital Content from newsroom and manage web/social goals for news staff
• Assist with producing newcasts: writing scripts, editing copy, ordering graphics to fit stories, making maps, coordinating live shots with directors, production staff, reporters & photographers
• Collect and analyze information about newsworthy events
• All other duties assigned
• Newsroom Experience or a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field preferred.
• Knowledge of, and the ability to, write news stories for web, shoot and edit video, use Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms, understand digital analytics
• Computer knowledge including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications, Internet use and video editing software (adobe premiere/EDIUS)
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.