Job you are applying for:
3rd Meat Mgr
at the following location(s):
Winnetka - 19725 Vanowen St. - #24-02 - Winnetka, CA
View Job Description - 3rd Meat Mgr
• Greet all customers in a friendly manner.
• Thank customers for their patronage.
• Place orders with vendors daily.
• Turn in invoice totals and credits daily to Store Manager.
• Complete weekly schedule for Meat department.
• Supervise and train all meat department employees, including safety.
• Discipline (including warnings and terminations) and encourage meat department employees.
• Make sure sweep sheets are maintained every thirty minutes.
• Control all credits with supplies. (signed credit memos)
• Maintain proper pricing on signs and scales. Set retail prices.
• Maintain proper gross profit margins as set forth by company standards.
• Maintain appearance and quality of meat department. Maintain clean, rotated, and full meat cases.
• Maintain a proper product selection.
• Maintain a clean, rotated, organized backroom and cooler at all times.
• Make sure all equipment is in working order and cleaned daily. Advise Store Manager of any malfunctioning equipment and place a service call immediately.
• Advise Store Manager of any meat department employee in violation of company policy.
• Do weekly inventory and department sales/gross profit report.
• Maintain dress code for all clerks.
• Make sure employees are present and on time.
• And all other assigned job duties.
Essential Job Duties:
• Lift boxes and product ranging between 20 lbs up to 60 lbs
• Place boxes/product onto dolly or cart
• Push/pull between 30 lbs up to 200 lbs (items on cart/dolly)
• Bend/Stoop pick up and or place product below waist level (including shelves and racks)
• Place product onto bins and position for sale
• Grasp/Grip product to prepare for sales floor by either cutting or cleaning product
• Constant sweeping/pushing broom to pick up debris to keep work area clean
• Place and remove product from Meat cooler (including shelving and produce bins)
• Reaching above shoulder level (Meat placement on sales floor plus shelving/rack system in Meat warehouse areas)
• Place debris/trash/recycle cardboard in respective areas
• Will clean and maintain meat tables and bins
Non-essential Job Duties:
• Climb ladders to retrieve product on top shelf/meat cooler
• Must obey all State and Federal guidelines regarding meat processing and safety policies.
• Must wear latex gloves when serving customers.
• Must wear safety glove when cleaning the meat-slicer machine.
• Wear proper headwear: hat, hairnet, etc.
• Wash hands frequently with hot water from elbows down for not less than 20 seconds.
Items on Meat Manager list:
• Maintain an accurate sales/purchase program.
• Control the hold down file and price exception reports.