Job you are applying for:
at the following location(s):
Pacoima - General Offices - 99 - Pacoima, CA
View Job Description - Refrigeration Mechanic
Position: Refrigeration Mechanic
Supervisor Maintenance Supervisor
Status: FULL TIME, Hourly, non-exempt
The Refrigeration Mechanic is responsible for diagnosing and repairing Refrigeration Rack Systems (Hill Phoenix, Hussman) units plus commercial air conditioning units. Will troubleshoot, complete repairs and maintain proper functionality of refrigeration and air conditioning units. Diagnoses, maintains, repairs, rebuilds, and/or replaces electronic, electrical refrigeration, and mechanical parts as required
• Determines proper part numbers by consulting service and parts manuals
• Operates appropriate powered industrial equipment when necessary
• Understands safety takes precedence over operating productivity at all times
• Inspects repair area for safety conditions
• Takes necessary measures to prevent injuries and property damage
• Complies with environmental regulations as it pertains to their area of responsibility, and ensures Vallarta is in compliance with pertinent environmental regulations
• 6+ years experience with Commercial Air Conditioning (Rheem, Lenox, Carrier, York) units.
• Complete weekly agenda to identify and prioritize ongoing maintenance between all refrigeration/air conditioning needs between store locations.
• Review with Procurement on inventory and parts to ensure consumables are available as needed.
• Prepare work orders and complete work orders.
• Other assigned tasks
Walk-In Coolers/Freezers. Self-contained refrigerators experience a must
7+ years of experience with Retail Grocery Refrigeration units preferred
Must travel between store locations within Southern California (San Diego, CA through Santa Maria, CA)
Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
• Fine hand dexterity
• Bend, stoop, crawl
• Work with refrigeration machinery, cold and hot environments
• Reach above shoulder level
• Read and explain specification diagrams, blueprints
• Lift up to 45lbs
• Operate power tools and hand tools
Travel to multiple sites. various work shifts based on company needs.
Bilingual English/Spanish a plus