Summary: Acts as administrator and coordinator of resources and goals with a focus on customer satisfaction in relation to control of the kitchen by performing the following duties.
Reports to: General Manager
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Prepares schedule for kitchen employees.*
• Monitors the production of and ow of food.*
• Controls costs associated with labor and waste.*
• Facilitates kitchen meetings and attends management meetings.*
• Trains employees.*
• Maintains a clean work area within company and state standards.*
• Processes inventory, checks stock and ensures adequate stock levels.*
• Handles ordering, purchasing, verifying costs and developing new relates guidelines.*
• Sets goals to improve quality, productivity, motivations, customer satisfaction and morale.*
• Provides visible supportive management practices, commitment and leadership with openness trust, patience and discipline.*
• Food Safety Certi ed (maintained. Ensures all kitchen and food operations are in compliance with all legislated health and licensing guidelines; ensures
adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
• Manages maintenance of all kitchen equipment
• Dynamic personality, strong work ethic, time management and organizations skills with ability to thrive in a fast paced environment • Execute LTO’s and new menu item roll-outs. All LTO’s must be approved by the Operations Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to e ectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to de ne problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software and order processing systems.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Speci c vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.