Works with other Kitchen Crew members to ensure the production of exceptional food quality. Abides by Corner Store’s Policies and Procedures. Helps to maintain the highest sanitation and safety standards.
• One year experience in a professional Kitchen. ServSafe & Allergen Awareness Certified preferred but not required.
• Working knowledge of typical kitchen procedures and equipment which includes but us not limited to basic knife techniques, sautéing, grilling, etc...
• Knowledge of and adherence to safe food handling and proper sanitation procedures.
• Able to communicate verbally, and understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Able to complete food production and ensure quality of food.
• Able to achieve all job duties/goals.
• Have the ability to speak, and understand the primary language of the work location.
• Able to multi-task efficiently
• Comfortable working with others in a team environment.
• Possesses an eye for quality and efficiency.
• Able to efficiently complete tasks.
1. Helps to ensures that the kitchen area is clean, organized and well stocked; and that the equipment is properly maintained and in good condition.
2. Accomplishes station’s goals, taking on tasks that need to get done, and pitching-in to help other kitchen crew members.
3. Works diligently to keep the kitchen properly cleaned and sanitized.
4. Reporting to work on time for scheduled shift.
5. Ensuring food quality by cooking and prepping food to order, and following recipe procedures.
6. Monitoring food waste and inventory levels
7. Order supplies as needed.
8. Follows established training steps and all Corner Store Policies and Procedures.
9. Collaborate with Kitchen Lead person to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures to continuously improve.
10. Ensure compliance with Sanitation & Safety Guidelines (e.g., OSHA, Servsafe, department-specific procedures such as food standards)
11. Serve as a role model by performing technical or functional job duties.
12. Completes catering orders as necessary.
Workers usually must withstand the pressure and strain of working in close quarters, standing for hours at a time, lifting heavy boxes, and working near hot ovens and grills. Job hazards include slips and falls, cuts, and burns.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Fast-paced restaurant environment
• May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Required to operate equipment set at standard height
• Must reach, bend, stoop, lift and wipe
• Must be able to walk or stand during entire shift
• Some repetitive motion may be required
• Age requirements may apply in order to remain in compliance of State and Federal Law
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays
• May be scheduled overtime
• Employee will often work in a hot environment with heavy and sometimes heated equipment.
• Hazards include, but not limited to, slipping, tripping, burns, cuts, abrasions and falls.
NOTE: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Reports to Kitchen Lead Person.
2. Functions as a crew member; completing assigned tasks. Communicates with counter staff to ensure seamless production and highest quality product.
3. Handles some purchasing and helps management meet financial goals