Who we are CAVA is a rapidly expanding fast-casual restaurant and CPG brand focusing on fresh, Mediterranean-inspired, better-for-you cuisine. Born from our full-service restaurants, our chef-driven fast-casual format operates in four states with further expansion ahead.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer to help implement our vision at our corporate headquarters in Washington, DC. The position will report to the Chief Data Scientist, and will require a passion for our mission and the drive to make the food industry more tech driven. As a Full-Stack Developer the work you will be doing will be diverse; from maintaining our Consumer Applications to helping to architect and build green-field products to solve the ever changing needs of the business. It's your job to be focused on making a successful product, not just a beautiful codebase, working closely with our talented team to do so.
Who you are:
• Your interest in development extends past coding; you have a passion for products and want to be truly involved in the conception, design and production of them.
• You have experience working with modern front-end technologies and tooling such as React, Flux, Webpack, Sass or similar.
• You have experience working with server-side languages and frameworks using Elixir, Node, Ruby on Rails, Python / Django or similar.
• You might have dabbled in some mobile development, whether that's through React Native, Phonegap or straight up native code in iOS or Android.
• You are all about collaboration to make great things. You know that great ideas and products aren't the result of some eureka moment but are the result of great teamwork and iteration.
• You have at least 2 years of experience working as developer.
What you'll do as a Full-Stack Developer at Cava Grill:
• You'll have the opportunity to work on a multitude of different verticals and problems, building great products and services that have a lasting impact. More specifically you'll:
• Collaborate with developers and strategists to turn ideas into working products
• Build prototypes that articulate propositions and allow us to glean customer insights
• Make sense of business objectives and customer needs—and know how and when to make technology choices that balance the two
• Develop products and services across web, mobile and connected devices.
• Work using tests, pull requests, code reviews and continuous integration to ensure a high level of quality in your code and an excellent end product for consumers.
• Use Agile techniques to iteratively ship products in small, self organized teams.
• Work on open source projects
• Represent Cava Grill at conferences and events
Knowing all of these is awesome, some is good, but must know at least one.
• Node, Elixir, Ruby on Rails, Python / Django or similar
• React, Flux, Webpack, Sass or similar.
• Deploying and monitoring applications on Heroku and/or AWS
• PostgresSQL, Mongodb,MySQL, Redis
• Experience with Distributed Systems
• A competitive base salary
• Benefits package including health, vacation, and free Cava Grill food!
• The opportunity to be on the ground floor of helping craft the vision of a rapidly growing brand
• Cava – joining "A culture, not a concept™