Job you are applying for:
at the following location(s):
Beaufort - Beaufort, SC
View Job Description
POSITION: SKATING CARHOP
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: MANAGER ON DUTY
STATUS: HOURLY, NON-EXEMPT
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Serves and delivers quality food in a clean, safe, and efficient manner while roller skating so that guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive-In.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Ensures that temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
2. Carries and balances a tray weighing up to 25 pounds while roller skating.
3. Greets all guests in a polite and friendly manner with a smile.
4. Delivers and serves quality food and beverages to guests at each delivery point (cars parked in stalls and patio) in a timely manner while roller skating.
5. Displays the importance of placing guests’ needs first on a consistent basis.
6. Responds to guests requests in a respectful manner. Promptly reports complaints to a member of the drive-in management team.
7. Makes accurate change quickly and efficiently.
8. Clears trays and trash from guests’ cars, patio, Drive-Thru parking lot and property while roller skating.
9. Successful completion of assigned Sonic Skating Training Program.
• Wears required uniform and appropriate personal protective equipment as outlined in the Sonic Drive-In operations manual.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned or required including, but not limited to, preparing drinks, ice cream menu items or taking guests orders when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Effective communication skills
• Basic math and basic reading skills
• Ability to roller skate proficiently while balancing and carrying a tray
• Ability to roller skate while sweeping
• Ability to roller skate while on concrete, tile or wet or dry surfaces
• Ability to follow directions
• Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
• Complies with all Sonic Drive-In Policies and Procedures, and all health and sanitation laws and regulations
• Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR certification and other Sonic Drive-In training programs
• Successfully participates in and completes assigned Sonic Skating Training Program
• Continuous standing while on roller skates
• Frequent bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing or packaging menu items and/or cleaning while on roller skates
• Frequent skating in and out of drive-in when delivering food
• General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations preferred, but not required.
ENVIRONMENT: Exposure to extreme temperatures based on variable weather conditions.
SONIC MISSION STATEMENT: To become America’s most-loved restaurant brand.
SONIC CORE VALUES
At Sonic, we value:
• Respect for everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
• Entrepreneurial spirit.
• Importance of relationships as a way of life.
• Doing different, special and better things to surprise and delight everyone touched by the