Job you are applying for:
Server - Mayfield Bakery & Cafe
at the following location(s):
MAYFIELD HOUSE LLC - Palo Alto, CA
View Job Description
The position of Server is dedicated to exceeding expectations of guests to ensure that the highest level of service is consistently provided. The Servers role will be to provide excellent guest service with the support of their fellow service staff. The Server will also offer support to all other colleagues in the restaurant, a team of professionals with a passion for food and beverage.
As a Server, you are responsible for the complete knowledge of service of food and beverage, and as such, are responsible for guest satisfaction. It is therefore required that each server has a complete knowledge of all of the food and beverages served in the restaurant. Servers, by their demeanor and professionalism, determine a guest's comfort level. You must be very aware of guest's needs and be capable of working with others to assure that those needs are met. As with any other position in the restaurant, remember that you are always on stage -- everything you say and do can be seen by the guest. Therefore, you must be at your best at all times.
Finally, as Server it is a critical responsibility to give others encouragement daily and actively work to uphold all Bacchus values, ultimately taking measures to do whatever it takes to ensure our guests satisfaction and to make a concerted effort towards the happiness of every person.
This is a non-exempt position. The Server reports to the shift managers, managers and the General Manager.
• Report for duty punctually, in full uniform according to appearance and grooming standards.
• Promote and maintain a positive working relationship at all times with fellow colleagues.
• Demonstrate a complete understanding of all policies, procedures and standards in the Employee Handbook.
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and warm hospitality to all guests.
• Be attentive, but not intrusive to all tables, as well as perceptive, adaptable and on pace with the need of each individual guest.
• Demonstrate a complete knowledge and understanding of the sequence of service, food and beverage service standards
• Have full and complete knowledge of the food menu, dessert menu, coffee and tea menu as well as all other beverage menus wine lists.
• Know about menu items, ingredients, preparation methods and garnishes for all dishes in order to guide the guest through the menu and make any suggestions or recommendations in the guests’ interest.
• Answer questions about food items, beverages and wines in an informative and helpful way.
• Be aware of all cash handling procedures and payment methods.
• Communicate all service requirements to the respective team members in an efficient and effective way
• Ensure that all work areas and stations are kept clean and tidy at all times
• To perform all opening, side and closing duties as well as all daily and weekly duties up to standard
• Actively participate in and follow all health and safety policies and procedures
• Carrying out any miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as requested by your management
** It should be noted that this job description may not include every duty or responsibility that a person in this role may be asked to perform, other related duties may be required as assigned.