Job you are applying for:
zz DoNotUseAssistant Superintendent (Exempt)
at the following location(s):
Ruffled Feathers Golf Club - Lemont, IL
The Job you are looking for is no longer available. Click Get Started to search for another job.
View Job Description
Helps manage the golf course maintenance department day-to-day activities through maintaining quality standards, developing and retaining maintenance employees and exceeding guest expectations. Assistant superintendents are in training to become superintendents. They will participate in the planning and implementation of activities related to the care and maintenance of their course.
- Promotes Arcis Golf’s philosophies throughout the golf course to both employees and guests.
- Creates the weekly schedule of grounds crew personnel and directs them in the day-to-day needs of the course.
- Must have the ability to identify and trouble shoot agronomic problems that may occur on the golf course.
- Must be fully capable of application equipment calibration and operation within the first six months.
- Training of new maintenance personnel.
- Assists in the Human Resources functions of the maintenance department by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention and participating in regular employee meetings.
- Leads monthly safety meetings on various topics.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates.
- Implements and evaluates fertilizer/pesticide programs.
- Evaluates and assesses equipment management/operation/set up.
- Follows up on daily course set up to assure course meets playing standards set by Arcis Golf and USGA.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Education / Experience: Two-year Turf grass Maintenance degree and supervisory experience required. 3 years prior golf course experience with progressive responsibility required. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance. Will acquire and maintain a pesticide license within the first three months of hiring.
Must have working knowledge of turf grass maintenance equipment and irrigation systems.
Strong leadership skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Attention to detail
Planning and organizational ability
Will often be required to work weekends and holidays.
Physical / Cognitive Activities:
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
The major responsibility in this position is to oversee the day-to-day activities of the golf course grounds crew. Therefore a significant portion of time will be spent moving about the property listening and working with the maintenance crew. Strong leadership and problem-solving skills will be used. This person will need to have strong speaking, reading and writing skills, for effective communication throughout the golf course.
The majority of time is spent organizing maintenance activities. A portion of time will be assisting the Superintendent in scheduling and implementing effective agronomic strategies.
This person will occasionally assist in carrying heavy items requiring lifting of up to 70 pounds. He or she will also spend some time moving about the golf course overseeing the grounds crew.