Job you are applying for:
Senior Assistant Superintendent
at the following location(s):
Montgomery Country Club - Laytonsville, MD
View Job Description
Partner with the Superintendent to direct and coordinate golf course maintenance activities such as maintaining quality course condition quality; selecting, developing and retaining employees; exceeding guest expectations.
Primary Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Recruit, interview, select and hire golf course maintenance staff.
• Effectively lead and schedule staff to ensure a quality product. Continually follow up to ensure tasks are being completed timely and to the appropriate standards and that equipment is set up and operating properly.
• Ensure daily course set up meets company and USGA playing standards.
• Proactively identify and correct agronomic problems that may arise.
• Ensure staff receives proper safety and job skills training through group training, on the job training, communication, meetings, etc.
• Evaluate, create and implement fertilizer and pesticide programs. Ensure equipment is operating properly and calibrated correctly prior to each application.
• Evaluate and assess equipment management, operation and set up.
• Ensure financial targets are being met and appropriate accounting procedures are being followed consistently.
• Maintain constant communication between departments.
• Participate in the creation and execution of short term and long term operational and financial plans to improve quality and financial results.
• Two-year Turf grass Maintenance degree and supervisory experience required.
• Three years golf course maintenance experience with progressive responsibility required.
• Ability to acquire and maintain a pesticide license within the first three months of start.
• Working knowledge of turf grass maintenance equipment and irrigation systems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail, planning and organizational skills
• Experience supervising others and leading a team
Will often be required to work weekends and holidays.
Physical / Cognitive Activities:
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
The major responsibilities of this position are to organize maintenance department activities and lead the golf course maintenance staff. Strong leadership and problem-solving skills will be used. This person will need to have strong speaking, reading and writing skills, for effective communication throughout the golf course.
This person will occasionally assist in carrying heavy items requiring lifting of up to 70 pounds. He or she will also spend some time moving about the golf course supervising the staff.