Golf maintenance including mowing, trimming, top dressing, treating turf, maintenance of bunkers, hole changing, hedge trimming and general maintenance.
1. Maintains golf course by mowing, trimming, top dressing, treating turf, maintenance of bunkers, hole changing, hedge trimming and general maintenance.
2. Operates golf course equipment.
3. Participates in daily set up of the golf course for play.
4. Mows greens, tees, aprons and approaches to greens, roughs, and other areas of the golf course.
5. Aerifies greens, verticuts tees and greens, and spikes greens as assigned.
6. Prepare and plant sod and seed to greens, tees, and fairways as assigned.
7. Keeps golf course maintenance equipment fueled, oiled and inspected.
8. Ensures a pleasant visit for each guest; maintains effective guest relations.
9. Performs special projects delegated by management.
10. Stays updated on latest developments pertinent to the department as well as the location.
Colorado Wage Range: https://bit.ly/2RpGH86 (copy and paste onto web browser)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Preferred experience operating golf course equipment and demonstrated outstanding customer service. Must possess willingness to learn and perform new golf maintenance programs. Excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, drive and motivation. Flexibility with schedule, with evenings and weekend work as assigned during special events.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret retail product labeling. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, and use hands and fingers to handle, or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.