Job you are applying for:
KFC Area Coach
at the following location(s):
C521001 - New Orleans, LA
View Job Description
Continue your career path buy joining our team! At EMERGE! you’ll work and have fun at the same time, while accomplishing impressive results and building a great team. You’ll build relationships with great people and provide great customer service. If you’re already a successful manager, you need to check out our (Area Coach) District Manager position. As a District Manager, you have the keys to multiple $1 million+ business (literally!). And when you grow your team and the business by making our customers’ day, you get rewarded in a big way.
The job duties include:
• Manages, trains, and coaches General Managers
• Directs and assist with assigning employees as needed to ensure all aspects of service meet operational standards
• Adheres to and monitors management compliance of the employee handbook, policies and practices.
• Takes appropriate action to address employee issues and policy violations and immediately
• Reviews employee and management work schedules in a timely manner to ensure continuous ability to properly serve guests in accordance with company policies and applicable law.
• Monitors multiple restaurant cost control procedures for food, labor, paper and inventory. Takes immediate corrective action when necessary.
• Monitors performance of vendors. Takes immediate corrective action when necessary.
• Audits units employment-related records and payroll records.
• Reinforces the importance of placing guest needs first to management on a consistent basis.
• Responds to escalated guest requests and complaints in a respectful manner. Takes immediate corrective action when necessary.
• Recruits, interviews and hire management team members to achieve proper staffing levels.
• Approves compensation levels of employees and managers within company guidelines.
• Prepares all necessary operational reports for multiple drive-ins. Develops appropriate action plans to resolve unfavorable financial and/or sales trends.
• Develops and implements a marketing plan for region.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced studies in business, restaurant management or related fields are preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years of restaurant management experience (QSR preferred), experience running shifts without supervision - Multi-unit supervision experience is preferred.
• Required to work a minimum 5 day workweek including irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
• Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices
• Knowledge of federal and state labor laws as well as local health and sanitation laws and regulations
• Leadership and supervisory practices and skills; effective verbal and written communication skills - Basic accounting and computer skills
• Ability to follow directions and work with autonomy once given directions; ability to multi-task and successfully solve problems
• Problem solving, decision-making and conflict-resolution skills
• Abide by the company’s appearance, uniform and hygiene standards