Job you are applying for:
Jiffy Trip Sales Associate
at the following location(s):
437 WOODWARD 2510 OKLAHOMA ST - WOODWARD, OK
View Job Description - Jiffy Trip Sales Associate
Starting at $11 per hour. Also, night shift differential is $2 per hour for any time worked between 10 PM and 6 AM.
The Jiffy Trip Sales Associate will greet customers and conduct sales of merchandise in a friendly, efficient manner. The Sales Associate will develop good product knowledge, understand store merchandising, promotions and advertisements. May assist in food preparation. Will assist in store counter, maintenance, store housekeeping, and receiving and stocking of merchandise. The Sales Associate also understands they are a representative of our company and will always present a professional image of Hammer Williams Company and Jiffy Trip Convenience Stores. Qualifications include: customer service experience, good communication skills, demonstrated mathematical skills, ability to execute and complete daily assigned tasks and duties, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and ability to learn new skills.
These factors constitute "essential functions" of the job:
1) Be able to read, understand and write English language.
2) Be able to perform arithmetic calculations in order to be able to make change, complete shift reports, and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in.
3) Have sufficient visual acuity to check identification and process money orders.
4) Be able to read and understand instructions for operating electronic cash registers and other equipment.
5) Be able to lift up to 50lbs, carrying items such as cases of milk cartons and soft drink, beer and juice containers at least once a shift.
6) Be able to stock shelves and coolers.
7) Be able to react to a fire by lifting a fire extinguisher weighing 20lbs and moving it to the fire area.
8) Be able to bend in order to pull up a metal plate weighing 20lbs and measure gasoline in underground storage tanks.
9) Be able to tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products.
10) Be able to climb a ladder to clean windows and change gas price signs.
11) Be able to speak and understand English, including the ability to hear the spoken word.
12) Be able to sweep and mop floors, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin.
13) Be able to clean the parking lot and ground surrounding the convenience store.
14) Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 34 degrees up to 15 minutes at a time