Join the Vibe Squad at Henkles! We’re optimistic, curious, fun-loving, slightly quirky, and have a strong work ethic. Our employees are rock stars that enjoy coming to work every day with their friends to provide the best, most innovative service to our customers. We are known for the enjoyable experience people have when they visit our stores!
Members of the vibe squad are not your average retail worker! You will assist in all the activities that come along with retail work: stocking, pricing, helping customers, and keeping the store clean. But more importantly, you will become a valuable member of our team who ensures our customers have a great experience every time. If you enjoy learning new things, interacting with a wide range of customers, thinking creatively, and being part of great team, you are our kind of person!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide a positive representation of Henkle's Ace Hardware. A friendly, outgoing demeanor and genuine desire to solve customer problems. Assist customers throughout the store with personal, customized service based on the premise of amazing every customer, every time.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
• Ensure all calls are answered promptly, courteously, and effectively.
• Forward any customer complaint that cannot be handled to a member of management.
• Possess strong product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products. (Don’t worry – we teach you this part)
• Assist in creating a positive, professional, and safe work environment.
• Assist with receiving, checking in, and stocking of merchandise throughout the store.
• Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise area.
• Assist with providing a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and ad merchandise.
• Assist with merchandise resets through the store.
• Provide assistance to Merchandising Manager, i.e. price changes, special orders.
• Ensure signage is current throughout the store.
• Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to Operations Manager.
• Participate in store meetings.
• Be professional in appearance and actions.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
All associates must complete at least 20 hours of training yearly.
Notice to Applicant about this Employer: You are applying for a job with an independently owned cooperative member of Ace Hardware Corporation, who operates this Ace Hardware store, not Ace Hardware Corporation. The independent store owner alone is responsible for and independently makes all decisions concerning employment related matters, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. Ace Hardware Corporation will not receive a copy of any applications submitted for this position, and will have no control over interviews and/or hiring decisions, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of the independent store owner. If hired, the independent store owner will be your only employer. Ace Hardware Corporation is not the employer for this position. The Ace Hardware trademarks, logos and designs are owned by Ace Hardware Corporation and used by independent store owners under a license from Ace Hardware Corporation.
High School or GED equivalent.
Formal retail experience preferred.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
• Ability to frequently lift and move up to 60 lbs throughout shift.
• In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours
• Frequently stand, walk, squat, bend, sit, balance and rotate body.
• Frequently ascend and descend stairs, ladders and step stools
• Ability to safely use sharp cutting instruments.
• Use of hands and feet to operate machinery such as computer keyboard, electronic ordering device, pallet jack, and key cutting machine.
• Ability to type and manipulate objects on computers for extended periods of time.
• Exposure to temperatures <32>90 degrees Fahrenheit