Join us at Henkles! We’re optimistic, curious, fun-loving, slighty quirky and have a strong work ethic. Our employees are rock stars that enjoy coming to work everyday with their friends to provide the best, most innovative service to our customers.
Henkle's Ace Hardware is owned by John and Cris Henkle
The Sales Associate will assist in the receiving, stocking, pricing of all merchandise and help maintain a clean and orderly merchandise presentation and overall store cleanliness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide a positive representation of Henkle's Ace Hardware
• Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
• Possess a friendly outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
• Ensure all pages and calls are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
• Forward any customer complaint that cannot be handled to a member of management.
• Possess strong product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
• Assist customers throughout the store with personal, customized service based on the premise of amazing every customer, every time.
• Assist in creating a positive, professional and safe work environment.
• Assist with receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise throughout the store.
• Assist with maintaining back stock levels.
• Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise area.
• Assist with providing a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and ad merchandise.
• Assist with merchandise resets through the store.
• Provide assistance to Merchandising Manager, i.e. price changes, special orders.
• Ensure signage is current throughout the store.
• Operate forklift with proper training.
• Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to Operations Manager.
• Participate in store meetings.
• Be professional in appearance and actions.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
All associates must complete at least 20 hours of training yearly.
High School or GED equivalent.
Formal retail experience preferred.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
• Ability to frequently lift and move up to 60 lbs throughout shift.
• In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours
• Frequently stand, walk, squat, bend, sit, balance and rotate body.
• Frequently ascend and descend stairs, ladders and step stools
• Ability to safely use sharp cutting instruments.
• Use of hands and feet to operate machinery such as computer keyboard, electronic ordering device, pallet jack, and key cutting machine.
• Ability to type and manipulate objects on computers for extended periods of time.
• Exposure to temperatures <32>90 degrees Fahrenheit
Notice to Applicant about this Employer: You are applying for a job with an independently owned cooperative member of Ace Hardware Corporation, who operates this Ace Hardware store, not Ace Hardware Corporation. The independent store owner alone is responsible for and independently makes all decisions concerning employment related matters, including hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, staffing and scheduling. Ace Hardware Corporation will not receive a copy of any applications submitted for this position, and will have no control over interviews and/or hiring decisions, does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of the independent store owner. If hired, the independent store owner will be your only employer. Ace Hardware Corporation is not the employer for this position. The Ace Hardware trademarks, logos and designs are owned by Ace Hardware Corporation and used by independent store owners under a license from Ace Hardware Corporation.