Curry ACE Paint and Hardware
Curry ACE Paint and Hardware is an independently owned family operated neighborhood hardware store located in Quincy, Ma., Hanover, Ma. and Braintree, Ma. Our brand promise for over 72 years has been to exceed our customer’s expectations every customer every time. Curry ACE Paint and Hardware is an equal opportunity employer.
Upholds the Core Values of the company and promotes store S.A.L.E.S culture. Team Leads are responsible for the complete day-to-day operation of the store. Team Leads are responsible for maximizing store sales and profitability, along with minimizing expenses while ensuring that the store is optimally stocked and merchandised, and to Amaze Every Customer Every Time. A Team Lead contributes to the growth and development of the management team and store associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SALES AND OPERATIONS
● Delegate daily workload among associates to meet merchandising and visual presentation standards.
● Train and develop retail staff with goals for growth and success in their positions, provide ongoing performance feedback and recognize accomplishments
● Review all store evaluations with store management team and staff to identify opportunity areas, and correct all issues with a sense of urgency.
● Coordinate the overall supervision of staff to ensure sales performance goals are met and company procedures are followed accurately.
● Conduct associate evaluations as per company standards to provide feedback for improvement, praise and recognition, and growth opportunities.
● Develop and implement an in-store marketing including promotions, events and seasonal merchandising based on store needs
● Complete merchandising updates according to Company standards.
● Work with vendors to develop merchandising strategies for products and have them assist with their plan-o-gram and updates
● Forecast scheduling needs to meet customer demand and create work schedules.
● Monitor scheduling to ensure compliance with established budgets and take corrective measures as necessary.
● Review staffing strengths and opportunities with HR/Ops Directors prior to addition or termination recommendations.
● Promote Customer Service as The #1 Priority. This must be accomplished on a daily basis through observing, monitoring and coaching associate’s performance and interactions on the sales floor.
● Regularly promote and teach “Amaze Every Customer Every Time”, S.A.L.E.S and Customer First while leading by example and coaching.
● Use huddles, communication boards, and store meetings as the means to communicate the store’s performance, and educate, engage and motivate the team.
● Drive customer satisfaction by ensuring that all customers are acknowledged, customer needs are met, and concerns are resolved quickly.
● Review all customer service measurement reports (e.g., Mystery Shop, Customer Engagement Survey, etc.), and work with the team to identify opportunities in an effort to sustain or improve overall service levels.
● Document at least one (1) Observation per associate monthly and provide coaching in order to ensure consistency of service to all customers.
● Maintain accurate inventory at all stages through on-hand integrity, daily receiving and transfers, store communication, product mix and flow, and adhering to Company best practices, metrics and deadlines
● Utilize available inventory reports to reduce shrinkage, maintain appropriate stock levels and maximize inventory accuracy.
COACHING AND TRAINING
● Work on your professional development through leadership training opportunities (self-directed learning, local business events, Ace learning and industry events, etc.).
● Identify appropriate training for store associates and oversee all training requirements for all associates (e.g. New-Hire orientation, on-the-job training, vendor training, etc.).
SAFETY, COMPLIANCE AND STORE ENVIRONMENT
● Enforce safety policies and procedures, and serves as role model for safety.
● Enforce store environment procedures to ensure and maintain the best store appearance.
● Conduct preventative safety and fire inspections, and take appropriate actions to correct all issues.
● High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor degree preferred.
● Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience in a retail setting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Must have good verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to provide motivation and leadership to associates storewide in a fair and impartial manner.
● High degree of analytical skills, and the ability to delegate and be self-directed.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills
● Technically skilled in basic retail computer systems including related software
● Develop and maintain client relationships and strategic partnerships
● Dress according to company policy
● Possess valid in-state driver license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with company’s insurance carrier’s standards
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
● Ability to stand for an extended period of time, walk, reach, and bend to perform job duties
● Move and handle merchandise up to 60 pounds, and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set forth
Job responsibilities may change based on the needs of the business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The associate may work near outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
I acknowledge that I have reviewed the job description outlined above and agree that it identifies the responsibilities that I have agreed to perform. I also understand that additional duties may be assigned by my manager or supervisor.
I have read and acknowledge the duties that are outlined in this document and hereby agree to the tasks and expectations as provided.