Curry ACE Paint and Hardware
Curry ACE Paint and Hardware is an independently owned family operated neighborhood hardware store located in Quincy, Ma. and Hanover, Ma. Our brand promise for over 72 years has been to exceed our customer’s expectations every customer every time. Curry ACE Paint and Hardware is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary responsibility for all positions with Curry ACE Hardware is to exceed customer expectation every customer every interaction. Sales associates are responsible for engaging the customer, determining their needs and projecting requirements. Sales associates maintain outstanding customer service, generate sales, merchandise product, and support the Team Lead.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Help unload incoming trucks and put away merchandise. Maintain your assigned department: Keep clean, organized and fully stocked.
● Execute the daily operational, day-to-day goals and priorities assigned by the Team Lead displaying a sense of urgency while paying attention to details.
● Cooperate with others and work well as part of a retail team, for example actively participate in daily huddle meetings, share ideas for improvement with management.
● Remove promotional bin tags from displays, and price tags as required following sales events, flyers, etc.
● Restock merchandise displays as needed, watch end caps and side wings.
● Handle special orders for all non-stock items. It always takes two associates to say “No.” Never tell a customer no without checking with a Team member or Team Lead
● Watch for shoplifters and take action, in line with company policy, that will discourage shoplifting. Excellent customer service and interaction prevents shoplifting.
● Provide the best possible experience for Every Customer, Every Time by being helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly.
● When you are not with a customer or cleaning, stand in a main aisle to get the best view of customers coming into your department. Walk up and down the main aisles to be sure customers are being assisted in all departments. Avoid personal conversations with co-workers on the floor.
● Serve Customers in assigned departments, or storewide, and provide needed advice or information, greet customers as soon as you encounter them.
● Demonstrate the S.A.L.E.S. process
● Actively participate in store communication and initiatives (e.g., Communication Board, Daily Huddle, store contests, etc.)
● Assist Customers with simple complaints/concerns; get a manager involved with problems as needed.
● Use the Five Foot Rule – greet and/or acknowledge all customers within five feet of you all the time.
● Always be polite and attentive to customers. Make eye contact and smile. Do not avoid customers.
● Promote the Ace Rewards program to all customers, describe the Ace Helpful Promise(s) and use the Magic Question.
● Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisement so you can tell customers about special sales.
● Always wear your radio and headset in order to effectively communicate with other associates or management.
● Respond to Customer Coordinator questions as needed.
● Assist customers with large or heavy items as needed.
● Offer customers a red basket for their shopping use.
● Assist in the training and development of peers
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Able to communicate professionally with customers and team members
● Skilled at providing prompt, friendly and attentive customer service
● Strong organizational skills with a passion for details
● Willing to learn all areas of the store and help train others
● Proven track record of being a team player
● Knowledge and experience of various departments is strongly desired.
● A continuous pattern of regular and prompt attendance is required.
● Availability must be flexible including some weekends and holidays.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
● Ability to stand for an extended period of time, walk, reach, and bend to perform job duties
● Move and handle merchandise up to 60 pounds, and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and perform all functions as set forth
Job responsibilities may change based on the needs of the business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The associate may work near outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
I acknowledge that I have reviewed the job description outlined above and agree that it identifies the responsibilities that I have agreed to perform. I also understand that additional duties may be assigned by my manager or supervisor.
I have read and acknowledge the duties that are outlined in this document and hereby agree to the tasks and expectations as provided.