Curry ACE Paint and Hardware
Curry ACE Paint and Hardware is an independently owned family operated neighborhood hardware store located in Quincy, Ma., Hanover, Ma. and Braintree, Ma. Our brand promise for over 72 years has been to exceed our customer’s expectations every customer every time. Curry ACE Paint and Hardware is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary responsibility for all positions with Curry ACE Hardware is to exceed customer expectation every customer every interaction. A stock help team member is responsible for putting away stock, filling stock from staging areas, responding to propane and carry outs, and maintaining cleanliness standards throughout the property. Responsive to Team Lead direction and able to follow “truck to shelf” procedures quickly, accurately and efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Execute day to day goals and priorities as assigned by the Team Lead
● Handle merchandise safely and efficiently with an attention to detail and accuracy
● Be aware of put-away procedures
● Be aware of daily procedures for closing and store recovery
● Restock merchandise displays as needed
● Provide the best possible experience for Every Customer, Every Time by being helpful, eager and friendly.
● Use the Five Foot Rule – greet and/or acknowledge all customers within five feet of you all the time.
● Always be polite and attentive to customers
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Outgoing, friendly and positive attitude
● Eager and willing to work with a sense of urgency
● Willing to learn and able to take direction
● Prompt and dependable
● Ability to multi-task
● A continuous pattern of regular and prompt attendance is required.
● Availability must be flexible including evenings, weekends and holidays.
● Must be a sophomore in high school or older and must have availability that includes multiple after-school weekdays and some weekends.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include:
● Ability to stand for an extended period of time, walk, reach, and bend to perform job duties
● Move and handle merchandise up to 80 pounds, and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting and performing all functions as set forth
Job responsibilities may change based on the needs of the business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The associate may work near outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
I acknowledge that I have reviewed the job description outlined above and agree that it identifies the responsibilities that I have agreed to perform. I also understand that additional duties may be assigned by my manager or supervisor.
I have read and acknowledge the duties that are outlined in this document and hereby agree to the tasks and expectations as provided.